FREDA MAE GILKERSON, 77, of Huntington, mother of Pamela Gilkerson and James Edward Gilkerson, both of Huntington, died Sept. 13. Graveside services will be conducted 2 p.m. Sept. 18 at Wayne Cemetery. Due to concerns of COVID-19, there will be no visitation. Morris Funeral Home, Wayne, is in charge of arrangements.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- BRIAN LEWIS
- Take a guess: Planned Village Shoppes seek community input on new businesses
- Former council member, magistrate indicted in 2019 shooting
- UPDATE: MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- Huntington will settle suit with former MU athletes for more than $350K, according to attorney
- Fort Gay PreK-8 employee tests positive for COVID-19
- HENRY CREMEANS
- Area hospitals see surge in COVID-19 cases
- Student at Huntington East Middle School tests positive for COVID-19
- Photos: Marshall vs. Appalachian State, football
- Photos: Drive-in talent show
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: People spend Sunday afternoon at Camden Park
- Photos: Huntington High vs. Wheeling Park, football
- Photos: The President’s Master Quoits Tournament
- Photos: Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church approaching its 150th Anniversary
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland