GILBERT MASON WISE, our precious Daddy, Grandfather and Great-Grandfather, went to be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Friday, August 14, 2020, at Cabell Huntington Hospital. He was born February 9, 1928, at Huntington, W.Va., to the late Fred and Edith Cundiff Wise. He was preceded in death by his wife, Doris Cook Wise; a daughter, Janet Faye; a granddaughter, Reba Brock; and his five brothers. He is survived by five daughters and sons-in-law, Debbie (Kenny) Boltz, Karen (Bruce) Herr, Regina (Lonnie) Vanscoy, Beverly (Jim) Wolford and Tina (Butch) Chinn; 23 grandchildren; and 33 great-grandchildren. Daddy was an ordained Baptist Minister and Pastor of several churches. He was a true and beloved friend to all whom he knew. Graveside services will be conducted by Pastor Ronnie Adams at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 19, 2020, at White Chapel Memorial Gardens. Burial will follow. Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, August 19, at the Reger Funeral Home, Huntington, W.Va. In lieu of flowers please send donations to Reger Funeral Home to assist with the funeral. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen