GLEN WILLIAM MARCUM, 72, of Huntington, passed away Friday, October 16, 2020, at his residence. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at the Central Church of the Nazarene by Pastor Ronnie Adams. Burial will follow in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. He was born August 15, 1948, in Clifford, Ky., a son of the late Herbert Marcum and Joy Dean Webb Osborne. Glen graduated from Huntington High School in 1968 and was a retired auto mechanic and an avid hot rodder. He could fix anything with a motor. He attended the Central Church of the Nazarene. In addition to his parents, he was also preceded in death by his wife, Lise Karen Smith Marcum, and grandson, Clayton William Caldwell. Survivors include two daughters and their families, Janet Lynn and Lee Crockett of Wayne, W.Va., and their children Leslie and Patrick Crockett, Catherine Caldwell and Matthew Crockett; Alma LeAnn Marcum Ellis of Huntington and her children Evelyn Rose Ellis and Emaleigh Alise Ellis. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at the Reger Funeral Home, Huntington. Those attending are asked to follow CDC guidelines and state mandates of social distancing and wearing a face mask. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Letter to the editor: Candidates' hate speech is a danger to children
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- A triangle of culture: Vision for 14th Street West unveiled in new master plan
- MICHAEL SCOTT ADKINS
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Lumber, building material crisis impacting new home construction
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in W.Va.
- Twelvepole Manor to open outdoor trail after indoor attraction shut down
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: TTA introduces four new buses
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: Early voting begins in Cabell County
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Ironton vs. New Lexington, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, football
- Photos: St. Cloud Commons All-Inclusive Splash Pad ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony