GOLDEN STANFORD CHRISTIAN JR., “SONNY” 74, of Kenova, W.Va., husband of Bertie Staley Christian, died Tuesday, June 15, 2021, in Heritage Center. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Friday, June 18, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Home Ceredo-Kenova Chapel. Pastor Roger Branham will officiate. Burial will follow in Hatten Cemetery. He was born July 10, 1946, in Huntington, W.Va., the son of the late Golden Stanford and Edna Mae Jack Christian. He was also preceded in death by three sisters, Francis Mae Wilson, Charlene Williams and Joann Billups. He was the owner of C&S Lift Company and Sonny's Restaurant and Bar. He loved drag racing, building cars and racing. In addition to his wife, he is survived by son, Golden "Stan" Christian III; daughter, Tina Oliver; grandchildren, Terry Christian, Brianna and Aryana Oliver; sister, Gracie Ward; special cousin and friend, Aaron Christian; several nieces and nephews; and many, many, friends. Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time Friday, June 18, 2021, at Reger Funeral Home Ceredo-Kenova Chapel. Online condolences may be left at www.regerfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Letter to the editor: Is government hiding truth about UFOs?
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA