HAROLD EDWARD COLLINS, 85, of Kenova, passed away Thursday, May 14, 2020, at his residence. He was born December 16, 1934, at Estep, Ky., a son of the late Jeff and Lydia Thompson Collins. He was a retired supervisor for Hamer Lumber Company and former Walmart employee. His wife, Freda Mae Ferguson Collins; sister, Dixie Jewell Collins; and brothers, Elwood Collins and Tommy Collins, also preceded him in death. Survivors include two sons, Timmy L. Collins of Kenova and Jonnie L. Collins of Brunswick, Ga.; two sisters, Ruby Jones of Ashland, Ky., and Mary Helen Fuller of Kenova; a brother, Billy Collins of Kenova; four sisters-in-law, Betty Collins of Grove City, Ohio, Karen Simpkins of Kenova, Mary Ann Taylor of Huntington and Donna Gillam of Prichard, W.Va.; four brothers-in-law, Alfred “Zeke” Ferguson of Huntington, Wallace F. Ferguson of Kenova, Fred M. Ferguson of Wayne and Jack Ferguson of Ashland, Ky.; and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be conducted 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne, with Pastor Fred Ferguson officiating. Burial will follow at the Patrick Cemetery at Wayne. Visitation will be one hour prior to service time Wednesday at the funeral home. Social distancing and masks are requested.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $4.99 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- JOHN WILLIAM SCARBERRY JR.
- Family, friends honor 16-year-old shooting victim with candlelight vigil
- CHARLES DAVID PERRY
- Juvenile dies after being shot Wednesday in Huntington
- GLENN RANDALL ADKINS
- Tanning salons added to fourth phase of opening
- Some churches will open their doors again beginning Sunday
- CAROLYN MARIE NEWTON
- TAYLA JO JOHNSON
- WILLIAM MASON ARKLE
- Photos: Candlelight vigil for Tayla Johnson
- Photos: Cabell Midland Class of 2020 parade
- Photos: Southside Elementary celebrates last day of school
- Photos: Covenant School mobile kindergarten graduations
- Photos: Huntington Middle School 8th Grade Parade Celebration
- Photos: The pandemic in pictures
- Photos: Opening Day Races at Ona Speedway
- Photos: Former Herd, NFL player Legursky lends hand to United Way
- Photos: 152nd Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade
- Photos: Village of Barboursville Elementary 5th-grade graduation parade