HOMER DONALD LUCAS, 91, of Huntington, passed away on Thursday, September 9, 2021, in the Woody Williams Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Huntington. Funeral services will be conducted at noon Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Chapel, Huntington. Burial will follow in Baylous Cemetery. He was born on August 7, 1930 in Ceredo, W.Va., the son of the late George and Violet Damron Lucas. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife Elizabeth Lucas; brothers and sister James, Jackie and Bernard Lucas and Anna Laveina McCagg. He was a retired salesman with Byard’s Meat Company and a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. He was a member of the Kenova United Methodist Church and Crescent Lodge #32 AF&AM where he was a Past Master, and a former Huntington Reserve Police Officer. Survivors include his son James J. Lucas; grandchildren Conner Chase Lucas and Kayla Lucas; brother Ronnie Lucas; sister-in-law Phyllis Lucas and a special friend Carol Ciaccia. Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at the Reger Funeral Home, Huntington. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com. The family requests that you follow CDC and WV Health Department masking and social distancing guidelines.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- Huntington man charged in 2018 shooting deaths
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp