HOWARD KENNETH “KEN” CRISP, 91, of Huntington, West Virginia, passed away peacefully Monday, September 7, 2020, in Grayson Assisted Living, Lavalette, W.Va. Ken was born December 1, 1928, son of the late Gertrude and Alex Crisp. He was a graduate of Huntington High School and Virginia Military Institute. Ken served in the US Army until being honorably discharged after attaining the rank of Captain. Ken married the love of his life, the late Loretta Landers (1998). Ken had a long, distinguished career as a civilian employee and engineer for the US Army Corps of Engineers. He is survived by his sister, Rosemary Baird. He was the devoted and loving father to Michael (Joumana) and William (Diane) Crisp; Wonderful grandfather to Braxton (Michelle), Mickey, Kathryn and Margaret. Ken was a devoted member of the Methodist church and a dear friend to so many. Visitation will be Sunday, September 13, 2020, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at Reger Funeral Home, Huntington, W.Va. Burial will be private. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the American Kidney Fund, www.kidneyfund.org. Reger Funeral Home, Huntington, is assisting his family with arrangements.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- STEPHEN MICHAEL ANDREW WARDEN
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- ‘Pick-your-own’ pumpkin patch opens in Milton
- Motorcycle club does drive-by drop-off of needed school supplies
- Dispute over broadband grant erupts in Huntington
- MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- After drop in crime, Huntington hopes to address ‘quality of life’ issues
- Huntington recovery program gets nearly $1M loan guarantee
- BUSINESS BEAT: Jewel City Seafood reopens today in downtown Huntington
- Cabell Midland football player tests positive for COVID-19
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: The Paramount Players present "Beehive: The 60's Musical"
- Photos: Run By the River Cross Country Meet
- Photos: High School Soccer, Huntington High girls take on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Ironton vs. Coal Grove, football
- Photos: Heritage Farm We Learn Wednesday Event
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football