IRENE V. LONG of Huntington, widow of Harry E. Long, died June 10 in the Woodlands Retirement Community. Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. Sept. 24 at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, Huntington with lunch following; burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, Media, N.Y. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 23 at Beard Mortuary, Huntington. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in can be made to the "Volunteer Auxiliary at St. Mary's, St, Mary's Medical Center 2900 First Avenue, Huntington WV 25702."
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Herd 1992 reunion has a family feel
- Travis Michael Hibner
- Huntington Stormwater Utility assesses $21,500 fine on property owner
- Milton parade kicks off W.Va. Pumpkin Festival
- More residents come forward with complaints against South Point business
- Holiday romance movie filmed at The Greenbrier to debut Thanksgiving Day
- Defense highlights Herd’s 28-7 win over Gardner-Webb
- Park district leads visitors on walking tours through Spring Hill Cemetery
- Chuck Landon: Marshall struggles for rainy win
- Huntington Public Works director relieved of duties, city says
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before Gardner-Webb game
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival Parade
- Photos: Walk to End Epilepsy at Ritter Park
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Gardner-Webb 28-7
- Photos: Huntington vs. Riverside, football
- Photos: Marshall tennis team hosts Play with the Herd event
- Photos: Heritage Farm Museum and Village Fall Festival
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: Giant pumpkins unloaded at Hatcher's Greenhouse
- Photos: Marshall Theatre presents "She Kills Monsters"