JACKIE L. BELL, 84 of Huntington, W.Va., went home to be with the Lord on November 21, 2022, after a brief illness. He was born December 4, 1937, to the late Hassel Henderson Bell and Norma Mae Hager Bell. He was also preceded in death by three brothers, Hassel "Junior," Willis, and Kenny and two sisters, Irenia Gearhart and Jewell Ferrell. He is survived by his significant other of 45 years, Leeta Sullivan, her children Lee (Annette) Sullivan of Huntington, Terri (Todd) Slayton of Huntington and grandchildren (whom he loved as his own) Charlie Sullivan, Nikki (Carl) Hutchinson, Tabitha Raines and Eric Slayton; several nieces and nephews including a special niece, Belinda Summerfield and nephew Dana Bell; special friends Gary and Beverly Slayton, and guitar buddies David and Rod Elkins. Jack graduated from Scott High School and served in the Army for six years. He retired from the WV Vocational Rehab after many years of service. He was a jack of all trades and master of the steel guitar. He attended Catlettsburg Harvest Church of God, where he accepted Jesus as his Savior. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 27, 2022, at Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, in Barboursville, W.Va., with Chaplain Todd Slayton officiating. Visitation will be 1 to 2 p.m. prior to the service. Burial to follow in White Chapel Memorial Gardens. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- Museum Ball returns to Huntington Museum of Art Feb. 25
- Lee resigns as football coach at South Charleston
- Huntington files a lawsuit to close West Huntington sober living home
- Marshall IDs student found dead in residence hall Sunday
- Lost Huntington: C-K High School
- Marshall student found dead on campus; foul play, substance use not suspected
- Several indicted on drug charges in Ohio
- Defense, transfers headline 2023 football signing class
- Simon Daniel Perry
- Huntington Police Chief submits resignation
- Photos: MU Department of Communication Disorders inaugural "Mandi-Ball"
- Photos: West Virginia High School Region IV championship swim meet
- Photos: Boys basketball, Chesapeake vs. Ironton
- Photos: Fairland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Marshall Day at the Legislature
- Photos: Community scholarship forum at Sixteenth Street Baptist Church
- Photos: Marshall University conducts Sweetheart Clinic
- Photos: Boys basketball, Tolsia vs. Huntington St. Joe
- Photos: Marshall conducts Black History Month kick-off
- Photos: Girls basketball, Russell vs. Boyd County