JAMES ALBERT RAMEY, 79, of Wayne, died July 30 at home. He formerly worked as an equipment operator. Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Aug. 2 at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne. Burial will follow in Ramey Cemetery, East Lynn. Private visitation for the family will be held. According to mandates and guidelines set by the CDC, social distancing and facial masks will be required. Morris Funeral Home, Wayne, is in charge of the arrangements.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Controversy erupts over Cabell County Commission resolution to dissolve airport authority
- W.Va. high court upholds life sentence for Huntington man acquitted of murder
- Details released, bond set in Huntington home invasion
- Herd football likely sitting out again this week
- WVSSAC's Dolan confirms Cabell Midland football has positive COVID-19 case
- Downtown Huntington revitalization plan underway
- Man convicted of incest granted probation again
- Meth dealer, user gets nearly five years in federal prison
- Map-induced forfeits move Cabell Midland, Bridgeport into Class AAA semifinals
- Pennsylvania first requires masks during play, then backtracks
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Tie Some Love on Huntington
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church
- Photos: Ironton vs. Kirtland, state football championship
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Holiday tree decorating at HMA
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: A.D. Lewis Center Thanksgiving dinner giveaway