JAMES GREGORY RAMEY, 60, of Crum, W.Va., claimed his crown in Heaven on January 15, 2021. He was born February 15, 1960, at Bridgeton, New Jersey, a son of J.C. and Ruth Ramey. Greg Ramey was one in a million. His zeal for life was seen by his bright spirit and smiling face. Greg has been head over heels in love with his wife, Vicki, since age seventeen. He made her feel like they were newlyweds every day of their marriage. His strong love for Vicki was evident to all who knew them. He was an extraordinary husband, father and grandpa who loved spending time with his family especially with Jonah and Aiden. Greg was the Pastor at Crum Missionary Baptist Church and loved the Lord with his whole heart. His passion was sharing the love of God with others. He served many years as director of Twelvepole Association Church Camp and often said church camp is the closest thing to Heaven on Earth. Greg enjoyed being a math teacher at Tolsia High School. He had the pleasure of coaching football and basketball over fifteen years ranging from Little League to high school. He took every opportunity to tell his players about Jesus and pushed them to be better men. Most of his work career, twenty-nine years, he worked as a purchasing agent for Sartin Trucking who treated him like family. He is preceded in death by his father, J.C. Ramey. He leaves behind his loving wife of 38 years, Victory Ramey; one son, Andrew and one daughter-in-love, Selena Ramey of Hurricane, W.Va.; one daughter, Holly and one son-in-love, Josh Bowling of Crum, W.Va.; two very special grandsons, Jonah Bowling and Aiden Ramey; his mother, Ruth Ramey of Crum, W.Va.; one brother, Steve (Sherry) Ramey of Crum, W.Va. A funeral service will be held at Bluegrass Festival Grounds on Wednesday, January 20, 2021, at 2 p.m., and facemasks are mandatory. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Twelvepole Association Church Camp. Mullins Family Funeral Home is honored and privileged to be serving the family of James Gregory Ramey.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Vehicle fire spreads to new cars at dealership
- Huntington restaurant has alcohol license suspended
- Schools unite to support beloved photographer Sanborn
- Cabell BOE votes to build Meadows Elementary in new location
- Ohio River crests at highest level since 1997
- Police: Missing child, 6, killed and put into the Ohio River
- Beloved photographer Sanborn dead from cancer
- Justice income tax plan proposes big cuts, tax hikes
- Second round of Pandemic EBT payments for eligible children to be sent in March
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Areas around Cabell County experience flooding
- Photos: Area flooding
- Photos: Firefighters battle vehicle fire at River City Subaru
- Photos: Area continues to deal with flooding
- Photos: Cleanup continues at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Marshall volleyball team vs. Western Kentucky
- Photos: Fairland vs. North Adams, boys basketball
- Photos: MU women's basketball vs. Rice University, Saturday
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Scott, girls basketball