JAMES HAYDEN WEST, 30, of Huntington, formerly of Kenova, passed away on May 27, 2020, at his residence. He was born December 26, 1989, in Huntington. Hayden, as his family referred to him, was a graduate of Spring Valley High School and a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was employed in the restaurant industry. Hayden loved music, playing guitar, drawing and riding his skateboard when he was younger. He had a special bond with his friends from Barger Hill growing up, but none stronger than with his brother, Cory. They always had a special relationship. He was preceded in death by his mother, Jackie Sheffield West; brother, Cory A. West; uncle, Chris Sheffield; and grandmother, Betty Yeager. He is survived by his father and stepmother, Tracey and Danielle West; two brothers, Brennen and Holden; three sisters, Samantha, Ella and Emma; his beloved grandparents that loved him dearly, Jerry and Sandy Sheffield, and Jim and Joan West; one aunt, Teresa Blankenship; cousins, Jacob, Tyler and Matthew Blankenship, and the Turske and Sheffield family. Hayden is now wrapped in the comfort of Jesus’ love, with no more pain and suffering. We will love and cherish his precious memory forever. A private memorial service will be held on June 27, by invitation only, at the Reger Funeral Chapel, Huntington. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Huntington City Mission, 624 10th Street, Huntington, WV 25701.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington nursing home combats COVID-19 outbreak
- Outbreak of COVID-19 reported at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- BILLY RAY CHATTERTON
- A triangle of culture: Vision for 14th Street West unveiled in new master plan
- Lumber, building material crisis impacting new home construction
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- Bite Mi Asian Street Food truck offers flavor on wheels
- Health officials call for more ‘drastic’ action from community to slow COVID-19 spread
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in W.Va.
- Midland's Roberts wins Underwood Award
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: St. Cloud Commons All-Inclusive Splash Pad ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Photos: High School Football, Huntington vs. Winfield
- Photos: Memphis Tennessee Garrison House restoration project ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Oak HIll, football
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Eagle Scout project underway at Spring Hill Elementary
- Photos: Ironton vs. New Lexington, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, football