JENNINGS CORNWELL, 88, of Kenova, West Virginia, husband of Violet Cornwell for 63 years, passed away on Monday, October 12, 2020, in the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. He is preceded in death by his parents, Jennings and Wilma Cornwell; brother, Dan Cornwell; and twin sister, Jeanette Dorsey. He is survived by three children, Brenda McClain, Richard Cornwell and Ron Cornwell; four grandchildren, Richie Cornwell, Katie Davis (Mathew), Kennedy McClain and Cameron Cornwell. He was very proud to be the great-grandfather of Brayden, Austin and Raelynn. Jennings is survived by a host of loving nieces and nephews. Jennings served in the US Navy in the Korean Conflict aboard the USS Gwinn and was a member of American Legion Post 93 of Kenova. He had a fierce love for his country, the Lord, his family and the Thundering Herd. Jennings was known for his service cooking at the Kenova United Methodist Church for several years, serving delicious meals and lots of love and laughter. He was known for his love for the church choir and could always be heard singing hymns. Jennings will be missed by all those who knew and loved him. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to Hospice of Huntington. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com. Rollins Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Joe Manchin: Precedent demands Senate wait on Barrett confirmation vote
- Letter to the editor: Candidates' hate speech is a danger to children
- Police find $40K worth of heroin in West Huntington drug raid
- Marshall's walk-off field goal lifts Fairland over Buckeyes
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Plans for new senior center in Lawrence County up for approval
- SHARON RENEE LONG CARROLL
- Late Young Thundering Herd QB honored with renaming of city block
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Photos: Mr. and Miss Marshall reveal ceremony
- Photos: TTA introduces four new buses
- Photos: Rocco's Spaghetti Dinner Drive-Thru in Ceredo
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: Early voting begins in Cabell County
- Photos: Fairland vs. Nelsonville-York, football
- Photos: Marshall defeats FAU, 20-9
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony
- Photos: Kenova Pumpkin House gives out pumpkins to locals