JOE DONALD BALL, 88, of Kenova passed away Monday, September 14, 2020, at his residence. Funeral service will be conducted at noon Wednesday, September 16, 2020, at Rollins Funeral Home, Kenova, with Preacher Roy Akers and Preacher Ellis Maynard officiating. Interment will follow in White Chapel Memorial Gardens, Barboursville. Don was born March 9, 1932, in Genoa, W.Va., a son of the late Carl Frazier and the late Reba Ball. He was a retired maintenance welder from Houdaille Industries. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Ruth Allene Puckett Ball. Survivors include his two sons and daughters-in-law, Darrell Joe Ball (Sharon) and William Dennis Ball (Nora); six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; six sisters; three brothers and a host of other family and friends. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service Wednesday, September 16, 2020, at Rollins Funeral Home. The family respectfully requests the observance of face covering and social distancing. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- STEPHEN MICHAEL ANDREW WARDEN
- ‘Pick-your-own’ pumpkin patch opens in Milton
- Motorcycle club does drive-by drop-off of needed school supplies
- Dispute over broadband grant erupts in Huntington
- MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- After drop in crime, Huntington hopes to address ‘quality of life’ issues
- Huntington recovery program gets nearly $1M loan guarantee
- BUSINESS BEAT: Jewel City Seafood reopens today in downtown Huntington
- Cabell Midland football player tests positive for COVID-19
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: The Paramount Players present "Beehive: The 60's Musical"
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: Run By the River Cross Country Meet
- Photos: High School Soccer, Huntington High girls take on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Ironton vs. Coal Grove, football
- Photos: Huntington High vs. Wheeling Park, football
- Photos: Heritage Farm We Learn Wednesday Event