JOHN WILLIAM CLARK, born March 28, 1949, departed this life on July 15, 2021, at the age of 72. He was preceded in death by his parents, John Wesley Clark, Ellen Branham Clark Powell and stepfather William Powell. Born in Logan County, W.Va., William was a member of Mount Olivet Missionary Baptist Church in Amherstdale, W.Va. William relocated to Huntington in May of 2005. He soon thereafter joined Encouragers Fellowship Church. William always greeted people with a kindhearted smile that made your day brighter. William leaves to cherish his memory two sisters, Virginia (Pinky) McGowan of Plainfield, N.J., and Elazada Louis of Amherstdale, W.Va.; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. The family would like to extend a special thanks to the staff members of HHR and Heritage Nursing Homes and Cabell Huntington and St. Mary’s Hospitals. A Home-Going Service will be conducted 10 a.m. Thursday, July 22, 2021, at Ferrell-Chambers Funeral Home with Dr. Don Porter officiating. Interment will immediately follow at Guyan Memorial Gardens, Pecks Mill, W.Va. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Seven apply to represent District 4 on Huntington City Council
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Plan to transform Kyova Mall to entertainment center an economic ‘spark’ for Boyd County
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- Judge says, for now, WV transgender girl can play on girls teams despite state ban
- Man arrested, charged in Monday afternoon shooting
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Fairmont, little league baseball
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Westmoreland Woman's Club celebrates Huntington's 150th anniversary
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball