JUANITA WELLMAN, 90, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Thursday, July 15, 2021, in Maiden, N.C. She was born July 30, 1930, in Logan, West Virginia, a daughter of the late Homer and Mary Ward. Her husband, Billy Jo Wellman, also preceded her in death, along with four siblings, Betty Terry, Josephine Ward, Mary Ward and Clifford Ward. Survivors include three children, Linda (Laymond) Conrad of Milton, W.Va., Debbie (Sonny) Berry of Maiden, N.C., and Ronnie (Julia) Wellman of Huntington; 11 grandchildren, Brian (Angie) Conrad of Hurricane, W.Va., Kay Grove of Maiden, Larry (Sharon) Moore of Denver, N.C., Shantelle (John) Crouch of Buchanan, Va., Lee (Melissa) Wellman of Cross Lanes, W.Va., Jennifer (Brad) Rowe of Milton, Chris Watson of Huntington, Rhett Berry of Apex, N.C., Bruce (Katie) Berry, also of Apex, Carter (Kate) Berry of Winston-Salem, N.C., and Alyn (Adam) Beauregard of Powhaton, Va.; 15 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. Also surviving is one brother, Homer M. Ward of Wayne, W.Va.; and a host of nieces, nephews, family and friends. Visitation will begin at noon on Monday, July 19, 2021, at Johnson Tiller Funeral Home, Wayne. Procession to the cemetery will depart at 1 p.m. to Mount Vernon Cemetery for graveside services with Pastor Jerry Casteele officiating.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Plan to transform Kyova Mall to entertainment center an economic ‘spark’ for Boyd County
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- Judge says, for now, WV transgender girl can play on girls teams despite state ban
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Fairmont, little league baseball
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball