JUDSON MAVERICK MAYNARD, 10 months, of Lavalette, W.Va., passed away Sunday, September 20, 2020, in Lavalette. Funeral services will be conducted 11 a.m. Saturday, September 26, 2020, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne, with Pastor Justin Berry officiating. Burial will follow in Mays Cemetery, Lavalette. He was born November 12, 2019, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of Hank and Katy Maynard of Lavalette. In addition to his parents, he is survived by one brother, Tucker Maynard of Lavalette; maternal grandparents, Donnie and DiAnne Saine of Baltimore, Md.; paternal grandparents, Sue (Mike) Hamilton of Lavalette and Obie (Theresa) Maynard of Huntington; great-grandparents, Gene Saine of Cockeysville, Md., and Glenn Berry of Lavalette; aunts, Ali Saine of Kansas City, Mo., and Annie (Matthew) Adkins of Lavalette; three cousins, Hallie, Sydnie and Parker; several extended family members, friends and medical team too numerous to mention. Judson was loved beyond measure. Despite having a devastating and terminal illness, Judson achieved many small milestones. Judson had a beautiful life full of love and snuggles thanks to his family, friends and medical team. Friends may call one hour prior to services at Morris Funeral Home.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Letter to the editor: Candidates' hate speech is a danger to children
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- A triangle of culture: Vision for 14th Street West unveiled in new master plan
- MICHAEL SCOTT ADKINS
- BILLY RAY CHATTERTON
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in W.Va.
- Lumber, building material crisis impacting new home construction
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: TTA introduces four new buses
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Early voting begins in Cabell County
- Photos: High School Football, Huntington vs. Winfield
- Photos: Ironton vs. New Lexington, football
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Oak HIll, football
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, football