JULIA "JUDY" ELIZABETH WILSON, 76, of Genoa, W.Va., passed away Friday, April 9, 2021, at Cabell Huntington Hospital, Huntington, W.Va. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne, W.Va., with Pastor Danny Stapleton officiating. Burial will follow in the Wilson Cemetery, Genoa. She was born June 25, 1944, at Fort Gay, W.Va., a daughter of the late Ivory Douglas and Shirley Mae McKenzie Blevins. Judy formerly worked as a home health caregiver and was a member of the Genoa United Baptist Church. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her loving husband, Glen William Wilson; one grandchild, Glenna Leann Endicott; one great-grandchild, Braxton Scarberry; and one brother, Homer Blevins. Judy is survived by three daughters, Bernice Endicott (Roger) of Wayne, Norma Gail Scarberry (Danny) and Shirley Marie Fannin (James), all of Genoa; two sons, Willie Franklin Wilson (Denise) and Glen Ellsworth “Doc” Wilson, all of Genoa; three sisters, Janice Moore of Ohio, Gayle Orr (Richard) of Ohio and Ramonia Walker (Norman) of Walkertown, N.C.; four brothers, Glen Dale Blevins (Sharlene) of Ohio, Randy Blevins (Judy) of Huntington, Rick Blevins (Debbie) of Louisa, Ky., and Larry Blevins (Vicki) of Ohio; 23 grandchildren and 54 great-grandchildren. Visitation will be 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at Morris Funeral Home Chapel, Wayne. Due to COVID-19 face masks and social distancing will be required.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title