MARGARET JEAN HUDSON, 84, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Saturday, July 24, 2021, in Cabell Huntington Hospital in Huntington, W.Va. Margaret retired from Dwight’s Drive-In. She was preceded in death by her parents, Robert Spencer and Catherine Basenback Spencer; her husband of sixty-five years, Robert Hudson; two sisters, Anna Kat and Mary Lou; and two brothers, Bobby and Jimmy. Margaret is survived by her three children, Robert “Rob” Hudson, Catherine “Cathy” Hudson and Jo Reed, all of Huntington. Also surviving are five grandchildren, Tiffany Hudson, Zack (April) McCoy, Michael Hudson, Kristy Hudson, Meggan Reed; 10 great-grandchildren; one sister, Betty; two brothers, Jack and Harry “Fuz.” Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, 2021, at Schneider-Hall Funeral Home in Chesapeake, Ohio. A graveside service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 28, 2021, at Spring Hill Cemetery in Huntington, W.Va. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.schneiderhallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- List would help buy remaining properties for Chesapeake Bypass
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Despite self-defense claim, Huntington double homicide case moves forward
- Two sentenced to prison in federal drug cases
- Huntington teen pleads guilty to manslaughter charges
- DAVID LEE BURKS and BETTY SHIRLEY BURKS
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: Funktafest 5
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: 3rd Avenue Art Gallery
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Parkersburg
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: FoxFire Music & Arts Festival, Friday