MARK RICHMOND, of Hamlin, W.Va., was born July 31, 1964. He passed away from this life October 13, 2021, at the age of Fifty-Seven years, two months and thirteen days. He was the only child of Mary and Dennis Richmond. He was a generous and loving soul and would do whatever he could to help his family and friends. Those dear who passed before him include his mother, Mary; uncles, Otha and Paul Roush; both sets of grandparents, along with many more. We who remain to mourn is his father, Dennis Richmond; children, Rachel Pullen Boster and Andrew Richmond; dear grandchildren, Delaney and Dawson; aunts, Donna Roush, Leah Plumley and Lucy Dailey; uncles, Danny Plumley, John Roush, Homer Roush Jr. and Herskel Dailey; and cousins, Christina Roush, Sarah Plumley Terry, Danny Plumley Jr., Yvonne Ginn, Maria Bryant, John Roush Jr., Diana Smith, Gabe Roush, Jeanetta Chapman, Corey Roush, Joey Roush and Matthew Roush. There is a host of more family that will love him always. There will be a private family service with Rev. Robert Fulton officiating. Burial will follow at Long Rest Cemetery, West Virginia. Your life made us better people. Until we meet again. Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va., is handling arrangements.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- A dentist became a top opioid buyer in W.Va. Now a drug firm faces penalty for ignoring red flags
- Arrest warrant issued for replacement worker at Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Drug charges against ex-Marshall football player dropped
- ALEXIS “LEXI” KAY MASSIE
- Martinsburg routs Huntington High, 62-21
- Lyzenga leaves a legacy of peace, love and music
- Cannabis education center in Huntington ready to open
- Herd bowl announcement to come Sunday
- Prep sports notebook: Former Coal Grove star makes NFL debut
- After long wait, Milton girl receives new heart
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas display lighting
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Christmas with a Cause 2021
- Photos: Martinsburg tops Huntington, 62-21 in Class AAA championship
- Photos: Readers' deer photos 2021
- Photos: City of Huntington Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Dance Theatre rehearses for "The Nutcracker"
- Photos: 2021 Ironton Christmas Parade
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Raceland, girls basketball
- Photos: King of the Mountain State at Mountain Health Arena