NANCY WARD ADKINS CHAPMAN, 79, passed away on July 21, 2021. She was a member of the Kellogg Independent Holiness Church of God. She was born on October 13, 1941, a daughter of the late Mary Kathleen Smith Ward. Also preceding her in death was her husband, Robert Chapman; brothers, Bill, James and Richard “Dick” Ward; brother-in-law, Basil Adkins; sister-in-law, Helen Ward; and nephews, Jimmy Dan Ward and Robert “Bobby” Adkins. Nancy was a 1959 graduate of Buffalo High School. She retired from the Wayne County Board of Education, where she was employed for 30 years at Buffalo Elementary. Nancy was a columnist for the Wayne County News for over 25 years. Survivors include daughters, Tammy Adkins (Tim) Keyser and Carla Adkins (David) Ball. She was Mamaw to Summer (Eric) Simmons, Channing Keyser (Marisa), Samantha Kwiatkowski and Morgan Keyser; her great-grandchildren, whom she adored, Gavin Kwiatkowski, Chloe Keyser, Bentley Keyser, Casey Chapman, Cheyenne, Karleigh and Riley Simmons. She is also survived by her sister, Lois (Ward) Adkins; sister-in-law, Betty Lou Ward; many loving nieces, nephews; and a special cousin, Don Bias. At her request, there will be no services at this time. Rollins Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: Open Studio clay class at HMA
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade