NOLA CATHERINE LUSHER, 86, of Huntington, WV, left her earthly home to be with Jesus on Friday, April 30, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington, W.Va. She was born on June 21, 1934, in Crum, W.Va. She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Lusher. She is survived by her adopted family, Arzolia, Jeff, Austin, Ashley and Angel Fields, who lovingly took care of her the last six years of her life. Nola lived her life constantly praising God and selflessly loving others. She was poor by this world’s standards but so very rich in Jesus! She had a childlike faith that depended on her Heavenly Father for everything. She was the apple of His eye and lived under the shadow of His wing. Nola always had the right words to make you feel better. She always had a song in her heart, a hymn coming out of her mouth and wise advice on her lips. She will be missed by those who knew her, as we are all richer for having her in our lives. Visitation will be held Wednesday, May 5, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Nola’s home, 4706 Darnell Road, Huntington. Graveside service will follow the visitation at 3:30 p.m. at Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.ehallfuneralhome.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- 'Pillbillies,' 'Oxycotinville': Emails from drug exec reveal mockery of Appalachians
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Cabell group to discuss potential sale of Robert Newlon Airport
- Milton business adds mural by West Virginia artist to building
- Lawrence man indicted on rape charges rejects plea deal
- 'It's bad:' Report on behavioral health facilities details abuse, neglect complaints
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Cabell Midland, softball
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: HPD swears in nine probationary officers
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: High school baseball, Capital vs. Huntington
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, softball