NORRIS "BUD" LUCAS of Hamlin, W.Va., born September 3, 1933, passed away April 10, 2021, at the age of eighty-seven years, seven months and seven days. He was the son of the late Wendell Walter Lucas and Lillian Browning Lucas and was also preceded in death by his wife, Anna Faye Lucas; one granddaughter, Kristen Prichard; two brothers, Greg Lucas and Jerry Lucas; and one sister, Lois Lucas. He was a retired schoolteacher from the Lincoln County Board of Education and was Special Forces in the U.S. Army and National Guard after retiring. He was also a member of the American Legion Post #111, Hamlin, W.Va. He is survived by two daughters, Leslie Lucas of Hamlin, W.Va., and Elaine Prichard of West Hamlin, W.Va.; one stepson, Eddie (Tammy) Lucas of West Hamlin, W.Va.; and one stepdaughter, Lenora (Sam) Kitts of Hurricane, W.Va.; two brothers, Kenny (Pansy) Lucas of West Hamlin, W.Va., and Carl (Sharon) Lucas of Huntington, W.Va.; three sisters, Debra Rowsey of Charleston, W.Va., Sheila Adkins of Barboursville, W.Va., and Regina Mayne of Charleston, W.Va.; one grandchild, Kait Pritchard; one great-grandchild, Luna Barriteau; five stepchildren, Matthew Lucas, Olivia Dean, Taylor Lucas, Seth Lucas and Alex Bartolomeo; and four stepgreat-grandchildren, Lucas, Gavin, Kaeleigh and Addison. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021, at Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va., with Rev. Terry Sponaugle officiating; military rites will be performed by American Legion Post #111, Hamlin, W.Va. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title