PANSY MARIE HALL LUCAS of West Hamlin, W.Va., born July 31, 1937, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Sunday, June 6, 2021, at the age of eighty-three years, ten months and six days. She was the daughter of the late Bradie and Coda Tabor Hall. She was a lifetime member of Myra United Methodist Church, Ladies Auxiliary with Guyan Soil Conservation, Craftee Homemakers, and a Trustee of Hamlin Public Library. She was an avid quilter and made all her children and grandchildren quilts. She was the sweetest soul who will be missed by many. She is survived by her husband of 63 years, Clinton Wendell Lucas; four children, Cathy (Dean) Adkins, Susan (Jeff) Wilkes, David (Melissa) Lucas and Vince (Heather) Lucas; one brother, Larry (Judy) Hall of Gallipolis, Ohio; three sisters, Linda (the late Earl) Sponaugle, Hallena (Raymond) Lucas and Nancy (Dempsey) Yeager, all of Hamlin, W.Va.; 11 grandchildren, Jamie (Violet) Adkins, Christa (Nick) Little, Alicia Wendell, Jon Wilkes, Zac Cooper, Parker Lucas, Lilly Lucas, Bobby Lucas, Tyler Lucas, Bailey Lucas, Lauren Lucas; and seven great-grandchildren, Cassie Adkins, Brady Little, Chesney Little, Calli Little, Gunner Wendell, Harper Wendell and Knox Cooper. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Friday, June 11, 2021, at Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va., with Rev. Jeff Black officiating. Interment will follow in Lucas Cemetery, West Hamlin, W.Va. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2021, at Koontz Funeral Home, Hamlin, W.Va.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Former Ironton, Herd football great Cyrus dead
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Former Cabell Midland star Jeffrey to pitch in Draft League
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Greenhouse High Tunnel Open House at HEMS
- Photos: Huntington Comic and Toy Convention