PASTOR GARY ROGER WILSON, 77, of Milton, W.Va., went home to be with Lord on September 20, 2022. He was born November 27, 1944, in Ona, W.Va., a son of the late Jay and Bertha May Rice Wilson. He was also preceded in death by his wife Bonita Jo Wilson, son Mark David Wilson; and his brothers and sisters James Wilson, Fred Wilson, Don Wilson, Julia Baumgardner, Betty Ford, and Nora Marie Grimes. He was a veteran of the United States Marine Corps where he served during Vietnam and was awarded many medals including the Purple Heart. He worked at Huntington Alloys and was a Pastor at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Salt Rock where he loved his church family. He is survived by two daughters, Beth Ann Wiles (Chris) and Missy Seeholzer; one son, Stephen Wilson (Shauna); one sister, Harvalee Elkins; nine grandchildren, Rebecca, Garett, Abbey, Caid, Taylor, Grant, Madalynn, Myranda, and William; and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday, September 23, 2022, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Funeral services will follow at 11 a.m. with Pastor Joe Hutchinson officiating. Burial will follow at 1 p.m. at the Donel C. Kinnard Memorial State Veterans Cemetery, Dunbar, W.Va. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington Public Works director relieved of duties, city says
- Police roundup: Huntington man charged after child admitted to ER with burns
- Gift from state completes fundraising for Marshall baseball stadium
- Herd 1992 reunion has a family feel
- Son of former Herd great returning to Huntington with Gardner-Webb
- The Haunted Majestic Family Fearpark now open through Halloween season
- Huntington Stormwater Utility assesses $21,500 fine on property owner
- Travis Michael Hibner
- Milton parade kicks off W.Va. Pumpkin Festival
- More residents come forward with complaints against South Point business
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before Gardner-Webb game
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival Parade
- Photos: Huntington vs. Riverside, football
- Photos: Marshall tennis team hosts Play with the Herd event
- Photos: Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce's 2022 Member Trade Show
- Photos: Walk to End Epilepsy at Ritter Park
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Gardner-Webb 28-7
- Photos: "Recovery is Sweet" celebration
- Photos: Heritage Farm Museum and Village Fall Festival
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football