RICHARD "BUTCH" EARL HURLEY, 75, of Huntington, W.Va., went home to be with the Lord on May 9, 2022, in St. Mary's Medical Center. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Friday, May 13, 2022, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Pastor Donnie McCloud. Burial will be in White Chapel Memorial Gardens, Barboursville. He was born March 6, 1947, in Huntington, a son of the late Asa and Emma Ferguson Hurley. He is survived by his loving wife of 57 years, Sharon Kay Varney Hurley; two sons, Richard Earl Hurley Jr. of Huntington and Asa Lee and Kelly Hurley of Huntington; one sister, Donna Gayle Sunderland of Charleston, S.C.; three granddaughters, Alexandria Hurley, Olivia Hurley and Chloe Hurley; several nieces and nephews; and a special nephew, Bruce Damron. Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. Friday prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com allace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- McElroy wins Democratic primary in House of Delegates’ District 26
- Family mourns loss of home after Milton fire
- Tudor's Biscuit World faces labor complaint from feds
- Lavalette man killed in Huntington crash
- Children's museum location announced in Huntington's West End
- Smalley, Neely, Pauley elected to Cabell BOE
- Teriyaki Madness focuses on fast Asian-inspired cuisine
- Nucor applies for permit to build Ohio River barge dock
- As retirement nears, Cooley reflects on life at Marshall University
- Cabell County BOE appoints Caldwell to vacant board seat
- Photos: Cabell County Special Olympics
- Photos: Spring Valley High School Prom
- Photos: Memorial car and bike show honors Isaac Williams
- Photos: Barboursville Public Library ribbon cutting and dedication ceremony
- Photos: Cabell Midland baseball tops Spring Valley in sectional championship
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Spring Valley, baseball
- Photos: Star Wars Weekend in downtown Huntington
- Photos: 9th annual "All Aboard BDY"
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Cabell Midland, baseball
- Photos; Cabell Midland vs. Huntington High, baseball