ROBERT "BOBBY" GLENN TANNER JR., 49, of Huntington went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at his residence. Bobby was born September 10, 1971, in Huntington, W.Va. He was a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, an electrician and an engineer. Bobby was an avid outdoorsman; he enjoyed both hunting and fishing. He cared for everyone and anyone no matter if he knew you or not. He would give you the shirt off his back whether you were family or it was your first time meeting him. He was a good person, a jack-of-all-trades and a man of his word. He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Grover and Pauline Fortner; papaw. Fred R. Tanner Sr.; and uncle. Jerry Fortner. He is survived by his father, Robert Glenn Tanner; his mother, Nancy (Dominic II) Prino; a daughter, Tori Lycans; one grandson, Kyuss Lycans; a sister, Andrea (Paul) Bennett; two nieces, Allie and Morgan Bennett; and an uncle, Fred R. (Joyce) Tanner Jr. A celebration of life service will be conducted at a later date. Reger Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Wayne County man dead after standoff, shootout with police
- Cabell Midland's Caudill to trade hoorays for oorahs
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- BRIAN KEITH ROSS
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Man admits to robbery, attempted murder of Huntington restaurant owner
- One dead in Cabell shooting, investigation underway
- Charleston police officer Johnson dead at 28; sheriff’s office provides some details on shooting
- Photos: First snow of the season hits Huntington
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Girls High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Coal Grove
- Photos: Marshall vs. Wright State, men's basketball
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Piketon
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: 2020 Christmas Village at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights