ROBERT BRIAN BARKER, 59, of Huntington, passed away November 16, 2022 at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Graveside and military services will be conducted at noon Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at Spring Valley Memory Gardens, Huntington, by Rev. Gregory Markins. He was born June 10, 1963, in Memphis, Tenn., a son of the late Robert J. Barker and Mary T. Barker. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy having served on the USS Hermitage and was commanding officer of the Sea Cadets, in Huntington, W.Va. He also volunteered with Boy Scouts Troop 733. He is survived by his wife, Diana Belt Barker; one daughter, Heather Barker of Huntington; one son, Robert N. Barker of Barboursville; one aunt, Rosemary Barker of South Carolina, who was more like a sister; and special four-legged girls, Chloe, Jasmine, and Sass. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Dillon Chapel United Methodist Church, 4421 16th Street Road, Huntington, WV 25701. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Herd has options when it comes to bowl game
- UPDATE: One killed in Huntington shooting
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted Saturday morning
- Former Huntington City Council member found guilty in 2019 shooting
- Donna Sue Abbott
- John Burton Caldwell
- BREAKING: Huntington earns first Class AAA title with 28-3 win over Parkersburg South
- Longtime leader of Huntington Junior College has died
- Downtown parade kicks off Christmas season
- Shawn Carlos Bandy
- Photos: HHS Football Team Send-off
- Photos: 2022 Huntington Christmas Parade of Lights
- Photos: Huntington Nutcracker rehearsal
- Photos: Ironton falls to Canfield South Range in Ohio Division V state championship
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas Light Display lighting ceremony
- Photos: Small Business Saturday in Huntington
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Herd Holiday
- Photos: Huntington wins class AAA championship
- Photos: HPD conducts hiring and promotion ceremony