ROBERT GLEN HATFIELD, 88, of Huntington, passed away on Thursday, July 30, 2020, in the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. Funeral services will be conducted by Pastor Chadd Hatfield and Pastor Timothy Webb at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 2, 2020, at the Reger Funeral Chapel, Huntington. Burial will follow in Woodmere Memorial Park. Robert was born on October 18, 1931, in Lincoln County, W.Va., to the late Henry Alfred and Gradie Mae Meade Hatfield. He was a steel worker. Robert was an avid fisher and hunter, he was a lifetime member of Tucker Memorial Baptist Church and he enjoyed having lunch at Daisy Mae’s. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Lenna Avis Hatfield; two children, William Michael Hatfield and Richard Hatfield; and all his siblings. He is survived by his daughter, Teresa Smoot; three grandchildren, Rachelle (Jason) Hair, Jennifer Gill and April (Sammie) Henderson; six great-grandchildren, Andrew, Emily and Olivia Gill and Pressley, Baylor and Anniston Hair; a host of nieces and nephews; and a special friend, Becca Carter. The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff of the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House and the nurses at St. Mary’s for the loving care they provided. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the EDJ Hospice House, 3100 Staunton Road, Huntington, WV 25702. Friends may call from 11:30 a.m. until service time on Sunday at the Reger Funeral Home. Due to public health concerns and state mandates, social distancing and mask guidelines should be followed. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $13.95 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington woman jailed after pinning pedestrian with vehicle
- Man admits to traveling to Huntington to rape children
- Lawsuit filed after alleged abuse of Kellogg Elementary student recorded
- HD Media purchases new building in Huntington
- Chuck Landon: MU fans worried about losing 'The Union'
- MISHA CARNEY
- Chesapeake slip damages, threatens homes in area
- PAUL EDWIN DEMPSEY JR.
- Spring Valley to limit fan attendance at home football games
- Health Care Authority approves HIMG acquisition
- Photos: Marshall Football Practice, July 31
- Photos: Bhakti Vinyasa: Yoga in The Park
- Photos: South Point High School football practice
- Photos: Marshall University football team conducts indoors practice session
- Photos: Black Lives Matter march in downtown Huntington
- Photos: “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
- Photos: Magical World of GHPRD's Magic Show Finale
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 3
- Photos: The Wild Ramp Farmer's Market
- Photos: Mural project in Central City