ROGER DALE ROSS II, 49, of Branchland, W.Va., suddenly passed away Wednesday, June 2, 2021. He is preceded in death by his father, Roger Dale Ross I; brother, Aaron Daniel Ross; grandparents, Roy and Mazel Adkins Ross, and Mary and Carl Bowles. He is survived by his loving wife of 24 years, Sonya Carol Ross, and three children, Alexis Danielle Ross, Isaac James Ross and Alicyn Paige Ross. He is also survived by his mother, Joanne Ross; sisters, Julie (Chad) Blanton and Laurie Ross Maloy of Waverly, Ohio; five nieces and nephews, Nena McComas (Cody) Gue and Ryan McComas of Branchland, and Colton Blanton, Sarah Ross Maloy and Elijah Ross Jeffers of Waverly, Ohio. Roger also had four special buddies that he loved so much, Cade McComas, Carter McComas, Riya Gue and Zeke Gue. Roger was an employee of Diversified Oil and Gas in Hamlin, W.Va. He loved to cook, garden and be around friends and family, who loved him dearly. He loved telling stories of fox hunting with his dad, uncles and grandpa. He loved to laugh and joke and his bluegrass music. Funeral service will be 1 p.m. Monday, June 7, 2021, at McGhee-Handley Funeral Home West in Hamlin, W.Va., with Jason McComas and Jason Ross officiating. Burial will follow at Watson Cemetery, Branchland, W.Va. A visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with CDC guidelines of wearing masks and social distancing. Friends may express their condolences at www.handleyfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- KAYLA NICOLE BLEDSOE
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Highlanders standouts commit to colleges
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show