ROWENA FERN DAVIS, 81 of Salt Rock, passed away March 13, 2023. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 18, 2023, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, with Freddie Carver officiating. Burial will be in Ray Cemetery, West Hamlin. She was born April 23, 1941, in West Hamlin, a daughter of the late Doss Waddell and Fern Undine Ray Blankenship. She was a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 9738 and was a past Department President for the State of W.Va. She was preceded in death by her husbands, Dallas Adkins and Herbert Davis; son Charles "Chuck" Ray Adkins; and two daughters, Rebecca Fern Adkins and Jane Ellen Adkins. She is survived by three sons and daughters-in-law, Greg and Misty Adkins of Salt Rock, Doss and Lisa Adkins of Barboursville and Troy and Charolette Adkins of Salt Rock; one sister, Doris McFann of Huntington; 17 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. on Saturday prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Recommended for you
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 4 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- Bus driver who left students at McDonald's no longer employed with Cabell County Schools
- Huntington bridge to close starting Monday
- Stepping Stones celebrates tiny home village
- Feds, local law enforcement conduct 'largest seizure of methamphetamine in WV history'
- Bridge painting project postponed
- Stephen Christian Carson
- Chuck Landon: Will Stephens be MU's new coach?
- Cabell County area enjoys bustling retail scene
- All-Tri-State girls team features overwhelming talent
- Police roundup: Kentucky woman charged in death of toddler
- Photos: Marshall University kicks off high school tour
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, baseball
- Photos: Stepping Stones Inc. conducts ribbon-cutting for tiny home village
- Photos: Kane Brown, Dustin Lynch and Locash perform at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: High school baseball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Ashland, baseball
- Photos: Huntington Fire Department Awards Ceremony
- Photos: Marshall University conducts 2023 HerdCon
- Photos: Marshall Football Pro Day
- Photos: High school softball, Spring Valley vs. Huntington