ROY H. TUCKER, 95, of Big Hurricane Creek Road, Fort Gay, W.Va., went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2021, at the UK Medical Center, following a brief illness. Roy was born February 22, 1926, at Fort Gay, W.Va., the son of the late George W. and Martha Bartram Tucker. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by three brothers, Hubert, Paul and Clyde Tucker; and a sister, June Updike. Roy was a retired United States Postal Carrier and proudly served his country during World War II in the United States Army. Survivors include his loving wife, Jean Tucker; a daughter and son-in-law, Debbie and Tom McCoy; two sons and daughters-in-laws, Bill and Sherry Tucker and Mark and Debbie Tucker; grandchildren, Brett McCoy, Ashley (Nick) Lee, Andrea (Matt) Ellison, Chad Tucker and Brooke (Trevor) Rinaldi; 13 great-grandchildren; a brother, Luther (Lynda) Tucker; and a host of nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held on Friday, July 23, at 1 p.m. at the Wilson Funeral Home with Pastor Chris Wilson officiating. Burial will follow with full military honors at the Tucker Family Cemetery on Big Hurricane Creek Road, Fort Gay, W.Va. Friends may visit the family on Thursday, July 22, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Wilson Funeral Home.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Letter to the editor: Is government hiding truth about UFOs?
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA