RUTH ANN RICE, 82, of Huntington, W.Va., widow of David Rice, passed away on Saturday, November 14, 2020, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral service at this time at her request. She was a homemaker. She was born on August 14, 1938, in Huntington, W.Va., the daughter of the late Homer and Juanita Bailey Bias. In addition to her parents, she was preceded by a sister, Barbara Leonard. She is survived by her children, Darrell Cremeans, Debora Winters and Lisa Collins; four grandchildren, Jacob Collins, Cody and Corey Cremeans and Jamie Hicks; one great-grandchild, Brayden Collins; two brothers and sisters-in-law, John and Karan Bias and Jack and Belinda Bias; lifetime friend, Linda Weekley; and a host of nieces and nephews. A special thank you to Dr. Tackett and his staff, Jess at Kindred Home Health and St. Mary’s OHICU. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Central United Methodist Church or Cabell-Wayne Animal Shelter. Reger Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Cabell Midland's Caudill to trade hoorays for oorahs
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Lawrence County grand jury returns 20 indictments
- BRIAN KEITH ROSS
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Man admits to robbery, attempted murder of Huntington restaurant owner
- Cabell County man among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Ironton man sentenced to prison
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: First snow of the season hits Huntington
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Girls High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Coal Grove
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church