SHARON DARLEEN THOMPSON NICHOLAS, 81, of Huntington, passed away Monday, April 5, 2021, in the Genesis Putnam Center, Hurricane, W.Va. A graveside service will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. Friday, April 9, 2021, at Spring Valley Memory Gardens. Burial will follow. Sharon was born on August 31, 1939, in Kenova, W.Va., to the late Felix and Mary Perdue Thompson. Sharon was the owner of Nicholas Drapery. She played violin with the MU Orchestra and later with the Tri-State Dulcimer Society. She was a 1957 graduate from Huntington East High School. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her son, Timothy Nicholas; one brother, Larry Thompson; and one sister, Marsha Stewart. She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law, Thomas Phillip (Kim) Nicholas and Joel Mark (Wendy) Nicholas; grandchildren, Joel Kenneth, Julie Ferrell, Meredith Ferrell, Stephen Nicholas, Stacey Nicholas, Zoie Mooney, Lexie Lewis and Bella Harris; nine great-grandchildren, with one more on the way; one sister, Phillis Wilcox; and one sister-in-law, Sylvia Thompson; several nieces and nephews. Friends may call from 1 p.m. until service time at Spring Valley Memory Gardens. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 'Hillbilly Elegy' author J.D. Vance quits firm after tweets
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- TINA SARENE LOWE-McCORMICK
- Camden Corner features doughnuts, fried chicken
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Family sues police after man's death labeled homicide by medical examiner
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- SHERYL PYLES
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: K9 officer training seminar
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls basketball
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball
- Photos: Wayne vs. St. Joe, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Glass-smashing event on Marshall campus
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Barboursville Library launches Giving Tree campaign