SHERYL PYLES went to her heavenly home, while surrounded by family, on Sunday, April 11, 2021. Sheryl was born on April 7, 1957, and spent her life with family and friends in Wayne, W.Va. She was preceded in death by her parents, Arlie and Doralene Clark, and survived by her husband of 44 years, Ricky Pyles; daughter, Rebekah (Patrick) Miller; her son, Adam (Clarissa) Pyles; her grandchildren, Danicka, Ethan and Chloe; and her special cousin, Debbie (Carl) Sanders. Sheryl was an avid animal lover and is likely enjoying reuniting with her beloved dog, Cricket. She was a devoted and fiercely faithful mother, while also being known for her sense of humor. She was known as a hometown supporter, and that included a deep-rooted love of the Pioneer football team. Sheryl was an incredibly wonderful person who will be remembered and missed by everyone who was lucky enough to have known her. A private graveside burial was held at Community Memorial Gardens, and the family asks in lieu of flowers to please make donations to Hospice of Huntington or to your local animal shelter. Morris Funeral Home, Wayne, is assisting her family with arrangements.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen