SUE ELLEN TEACH GILLEM, 80, of Kenova, W.Va., passed away Tuesday, February 16, 2021, in the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. She was born October 31, 1940, in Springfield, Ohio, and grew up in Happy Hollow, Kenova, W.Va., daughter of the late Opal Riggs Plyburn and her late stepfather, Pearley Plyburn, and the late Martin Teach. Sue was a 1958 graduate of C-K High School and a 1963 graduate of the King’s Daughters School of Nursing. She was a Registered Nurse for 43 years, having worked in Huntington, W.Va., Clearwater, Fla., and Greenville, S.C., and retired from King’s Daughters Medical Center. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a stepbrother, William “Bill” Plyburn. Survivors include a son, Robert Travis, and daughter, Karen Teach. The family would like to thank CHH Home Care Medicine and St. Mary’s Home Health and all of their staff that cared for their mother. At her request, there will be no public services. Private burial will be in Dock’s Creek Cemetery. Rollins Funeral Home in Kenova is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rollinsfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Second round of Pandemic EBT payments for eligible children to be sent in March
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- BUSINESS BEAT: The Human Bean will be brewing soon in Barboursville
- Sources: Former Herd greats Bartrum, Chapman to join Huff's staff
- Cabwaylingo Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Schools unite to support beloved photographer Sanborn
- American Pickers to return to WV, seeking collections
- The Jewel City turns 150: Huntington has proud past — and exciting future
- Centrist Democrats flex muscles, create headaches for Biden
- With decision made for future of two schools in Cabell County, third expected this week
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Cleanup continues at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Fairland vs. Coal Grove, girls basketball
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Coal Grove, boys basketball
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Portsmouth
- Photos: Marshall vs. North Texas, men's basketball
- Photos: Ohio Division III boy's basketball sectional tournament semifinals
- Photos: Ohio high school girl's basketball Division III sectional tournament championship
- Photos: MU women's basketball vs. Rice University, Saturday
- Photos: Area hit with second winter storm