THERESA LORAINE “PANETTA” MCQUAID, 93, of Huntington, passed away September 13, 2021, at Heartland of Riverview, South Point, Ohio. She was born September 16, 1927, in Clarksburg, W.Va., to the late Lesander and Georgia (Ross) Panetta. She was also preceded in death by brother and sister-in-law, Joseph (Emogene) Panetta; her son, Carl McQuaid; son and daughter-in-law, Terry (Joyce) McQuaid; two grandchildren; and friend and father of her children, Eugene McQuaid. She is survived by her daughter, Lizette (Phillip) Hager of Huntington; son, Mark (Connie) McQuaid of Charleston, W.Va.; and daughter-in-law, Sue McQuaid of Chesapeake, Ohio; 19 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. Theresa worked as a dietician at Guthrie Hospital in Huntington. She was a member of the Jefferson Avenue Church of God. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Monday at the Reger Funeral Chapel, Huntington, by Pastor Greg Tomlinson. Burial will follow in Spring Valley Memory Gardens, Huntington. Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time on Monday at the Reger Funeral Home, Huntington. The family requests that if you are attending the visitation and funeral that you please wear a mask and follow social distancing. Condolences may be made to the family at www.regerfh.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Student senator seeks resolution to reconsider Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Service union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote to send strike notice
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Lawrence County grand jury indicts several
- DANA MORRIS RYDER JR.
- Chuck Landon: MU has options for new home
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: 8th annual All Aboard the Yoga Motive
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony
- Photos: City of Huntington Time Capsule Closing Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington