Most major national fast-food chains are represented in the Tri-State, including multiple locations of McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, Arby’s, KFC, Subway, Captain D’s, Long John Silvers, and nearly every pizza joint you can think of. While there are too many for us to list them all individually here, we can tell you where the fast-food “strips” are located around the Tri-State.
- Many restaurants are clustered around Marshall University, on 5th Avenue between 16th Street (Hal Greer Boulevard) and 26th Street.
- Downtown Huntington’s 4th Avenue, from about 6th St. eastward to 16th Street (Marshall University’s Old Main), also offers a variety of restaurants.
- Pullman Square, between 3rd Avenue and Veterans’ Memorial Boulevard and between 9th and 10th streets, and the surrounding areas on 3rd Avenue and the 9th Street Plaza, offer a variety of dining options, from burgers and fries to sit-down meals.
- The West End of Huntington also has a “restaurant row,” extending westward down Washington Avenue between 1st Street and 3rd Street. There is another cluster of restaurants surrounding the Washington Avenue and Interstate 64/U.S. 52 interchange.
- U.S. 60 East, between Huntington and Barboursville, is also dotted with restaurants, which are more condensed in the area near the U.S. 60 and I-64 interchange.
- Most fast-food offerings in Barboursville are concentrated around the Huntington Mall, located off I-64. If your family can’t decide on which restaurant, the mall also offers a food court.
- The mall can also be accessed via U.S. 60, which is also lined with a variety of restaurants through Barboursville.
- U.S. 60 passes through the hearts of these two communities, and most conveniences like restaurants, gas stations and groceries are located along this main artery.
Liberty Square, located conveniently off I-64 at exit 39, offers an Applebee’s, Bob Evans and many fast food choices.
Many restaurants have recently located at Hurricane’s Progress Way shopping center, home of a new Wal-Mart that opened last spring. From I-64, take exit 34.
- Several fast-food restaurants are located along U.S. 52 near the Tri-State Crossing Shopping Center in Burlington and the Kmart Plaza in South Point.
- The Ashland Town Center Mall, located at 500 Winchester Ave., includes a food court, and is surrounded by many casual and fast-food restaurants. Winchester Avenue through downtown is also dotted with many dining options.