On Nov. 14, 1970, a plane carrying 75 people including Marshall's football team, coaches, staff, community members and flight crew crashed near the Huntington Tri-State Airport on a return trip following the Thundering Herd's game against East Carolina. All on board were killed.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Video: Ernie Salvatore on 1970 crash (12/8/2006)
- Video: Ernie Salvatore on night of crash (12/8/2006)
- Video: Former Herald-Dispatch reporter Jack Hardin on the crash (Dec. 7, 2006)
- Video: Former Herald-Dispatch reporter Jack Hardin on the aftermath of the crash (Dec. 7, 2006)
- Video: Responder Damon Slone remembers Marshall crash (11/20/2006)
- Video: ECU player talks about the crash (11/13/2006)