- Marshall is led by head coach Charles Huff, who is currently 3-3 in his tenure with the Herd. Huff earned the first C-USA win of his career last week in the Herd’s 20-13 overtime win over Old Dominion.
- Each of Marshall’s last four games have been one-possession contests that have come down to the final minutes of the game.
- Last week, Marshall did not have an offensive touchdown until quarterback Grant Wells connected with Willie Johnson for a 52-yard touchdown to tie the game up with 33 seconds left.
- Marshall’s defense has excelled as of late, allowing just 13 points in the last six quarters of action.
- The Herd ranks eighth in FBS in total offense (514.3 yards per game) and passing offense (356.3 passing yards per game).
- Marshall has lost all seven coin tosses it has taken part in this season. It includes all six pre-game coin tosses and the overtime coin toss on Saturday against Old Dominion.
- Marshall running back Rasheen Ali was held without a touchdown last week, but still leads FBS in scoring with 13 touchdowns on the year.
- North Texas is coached by Seth Littrell, who is in his sixth season with the Mean Green.
- This will be the first-ever Friday contest in North Texas’ program history.
- North Texas running back DeAndre Torrey is sixth in FBS and leads Conference USA in rushing yards per game with 120.2.
- Linebacker K.D. Davis has 10 tackles for loss through five games, which is third in the nation and tops in C-USA.
- North Texas made a change at quarterback last week with Austin Aune taking over as the starter against Missouri. Aune responded with 305 yards passing and four touchdowns in the Mean Green loss.
- The last time that Marshall and North Texas met also came in Denton, Texas, where the Mean Green earned a 38-21 win.
- North Texas starting wide receiver Deonte Simpson was kicked off the team on Tuesday night.