MS. PEGGY PRATER, 67, of Louisa, Ky., went home to be with the Lord on Monday, May 20, 2019, at the Paul B. Hall Regional Medical Center in Paintsville, Ky. Peggy was born August 15, 1951, to the late Proctor and Geneva Dixon. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Robert Joe Prater; daughter Opal Diane Robertson; sisters Sheila Anderson and Geneva McKinney; and brothers Donnie Dixon and Noah Dixon. Survivors include her children Melinda Preston, Robert Joe Preston Jr., April Dawn Estepp and Ricky Alan Prater; grandchildren Cassandra, Christopher, Clarissa Grace, Sherman, Morgan, Samantha, Jennings, Robert, Breanna, Elizabeth, Corinna, Alyssa, Meikala, Cody, Skylar, Justin and Audreyanna; eight great-grandchildren; sisters Wilma Wilson and Mary Delong; and brothers David Dixon, Charlie Dixon and Martin Dixon. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2019, at Young Funeral Home Chapel, Louisa, Ky. Burial will follow in the Prater Family Cemetery. Friends may visit the family from 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, 2019, at the Young Funeral Home and on Thursday, May 23, 2019, from 11 a.m. until time of service. Young Funeral Home has been entrusted with the care of Ms. Prater.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793, or email at email@example.com or fax at 304-526-2857. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Kentucky State Police investigating shooting near Grayson
- 39 people arrested and booked overnight in West Virginia
- Ohio River Sweep set for Saturday, June 15
- Local governments seek negotiating power in opioid lawsuits
- Attorneys general settle with ITT Tech loan partner
- HMA event celebrates opening of exhibit with steamrolled prints
- WV teams among many kicking off soccer tournament
WCN Online Poll
AP Region News
- Nonprofit bringing music, theater productions to Beckley
- Former student says she feels betrayed by college after rape
- Virginia debated ending slavery after Nat Turner's revolt
- Disaster declaration sought for Ohio farmers hurt by rain
- Conservationists say endangered beetle species found in Ohio
- Ohio high court won't hear challenge over bite-mark evidence
- Weld takes GOP bid to oust Trump to NH. Voters are confused.